The Writing Desk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Writing Desk

The Large Teenage Writer's Desk

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Origin Of Knight Thorn.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro
Acinonyx Jubatus

Male Number of posts : 94
Writing forte/s : Science-fiction
Registration date : 2006-08-11

The Origin Of Knight Thorn. Empty
PostSubject: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyFri Aug 11, 2006 12:08 pm

My first post. Well, second technically. This is a story I started about a month ago. Enjoy! It's a little long, so bear with me. Smile

Part One

“Salem, where are you going?” Maria asked.
“I'm just going for a walk, I'll be back soon. Don't worry.” Salem looked into her eyes and sensed she understood. He walked to the door and went outside.
The beautiful night sky of Helland hung overhead. There was a full moon, and no clouds in the vast blackness. The towering building of Helland's chief business, Citsidas Corp, loomed above all others. No one knew what went on in there, not even the mayor.
Salem Gate stared out at the sky and sighed heavily. He jogged down to the street and hung a left onto Draem Boulevard. He kept jogging, letting the cool air hit his face. Perfect night for a brisk walk, he thought. At the intersection of Draem and Seventh, he turned onto Seventh.
Seventh Avenue was where all the small business and clothing stores took up residences, hoping to catch the attention of people going to Citsidas Corp. Salem stopped by Incredible Clothing, a discount clothing store. The sign said closed, and yet there were lights in in the main room. He took no heed of it and continued on his jog around Helland.
He heard a loud crash behind him and turned around. The owner of Incredible Clothing was lying on the sidewalk with glass around him. Salem rushed up to him and checked for a pulse, none. He was dead.
“Hey, you! What the hell do you think you're doing? Get away from him!” Salem looked up. There were two men inside the store. Both were wearing black ski-masks. One was at least six foot five, the other a little shorter. “Step away from the body, if you don't want to end up like him.”
Salem stood up and slowly backed away, reaching for his cell phone. He turned around and started dialing 911. A shoot went off behind him. He lurched forward, in incredible pain. Salem hit the ground hard, and couldn't move.
The masked-men casually walked up to him and squatted. “That was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Never call the cops in front of killers. Let this be a lesson for you.” They got up and left him there. Salem lay in a pool of his own blood. He couldn't move, the pain was too great. He just lay there, waiting for morning.

The Next Day...

Maria sat next to her husband, softly crying. The doctors told her Salem would never walk again. But she knew him, he'd walk again. Nothing would stop him.
“Maria...” Salem grunted.
“What is it Salem?” She looked up into Salem's eyes.
“What'd they say? Am I paralyzed?”
“They say you are. But I know you'll be able to walk.”
“I know. They don't believe in miracles, but I do.” Salem closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep. Maria stayed there, watching him sleep.

Every seven hours a nurse would come and bring food. Hospital food, the greatest food on earth! Even though he hated it, he briskly ate it. Visiting hours hadn't started yet so Maria wasn't there. Salem had told the doctors about his wishes to walk and of course they disagreed, but they scheduled
time to help him repair his walking skills. I can't wait for Maria to come. I need to talk to her.
“Well, Mr. Gate. I see here that you want to walk. Although I disagree with your wishes, I must respect them. So know, I must ask you to rest. We'll get you back up when your wife arrives.”
“All right.” He closed his eyes, trying to empty his mind, but couldn't. The robbers kept coming back to him. I know those voices from somewhere, but where? He soon fell asleep, dreaming of the men in masks.

“Salem, wake up. Salem...”
Salem slowly opened his eyes, still drowsy. His wife has standing at the foot of his bed. “How are you feeling? We're ready to start your healing. Come with me.”
They pulled Salem out of bed. Maria took him in the bathroom and changed him into normal clothes, then let him into a wheelchair. They followed the doctor out of the room and into the hospital gymnasium. In there there were many tools to help out struggling patients, including the one Salem had to use.
“All right, bring him over here. Now, Mr. Gate. I would like for you to hold on to these bars. Good, good. Now, try to walk, support yourself with your arms.” Salem tried to move his leg but nothing happened. “I expected that. I think it hasn't been enough time. You need to build your strength up. If you wish to try again, be my guest.” Salem tried again, still nothing. Disappointed, he slumped into his wheelchair.
“Okay, I'm done for today. Take me back to my room.” he said.

Later that day...

Salem lay in his hospital bed. Sleep had almost fully taken over him. Slowly he went into a deep sleep. Again he dreamt of the men in masks. Only this time the men had faces. In his state, he couldn't recognize their faces. Still, he knew who they were.

When he awoke, his doctor was standing at the foot of his bed, talking to Maria. He couldn't make out what they they were saying but Maria looked concerned.
“Oh, Mr. Gate. You're awake. If you wish, we can continue your recovery.”
“Yeah, I want to continue.” Maria came to his side and helped him into his wheelchair.
They followed the doctor back to the gym. Once again, Salem pulled himself onto the bars. Only this time, he could move his leg. He moved his other leg. While supporting himself, he began to walk.
“Good, good. Now, try and walk, without holding the bars.” Salem let go of the bars and tried to walk. His legs were slightly shaky, but he walked fine. Maria watched him, overjoyed. “Alright, Mr. Gate. Let's see how well you do without the bars near.” The doctor led Salem away from the bars. “Now, walk.”
Salem began to walk, not like before. His legs weren't shaking, and he seemed much more relaxed. He was walking like he'd never been shot.
“My god! I've never seen anyone recover that fast before. I'm speechless.” Salem stopped walking and slumped down into a chair.
“So doc, can I go home?”
“Sure, sure. I see no reason to keep you here any longer. Go to the front office and check out. Then you're free to go.”
Salem took Maria's hand in his and walked out of the room. They made their way out to the front desk and checked out.
“Now, I want to give myself some time before I drive again. Will you do the honors?”
“Yes, yes of course” They got into the car and Maria drove away from the hospital. Little did she know that she would be there again, much sooner than she'd like.

The next day...

Salem returned to work, at Citsidas Corp., at his usual time, seven o'clock. He drove to his parking space but someone else's car was in it. Picking another spot, he got out of his car and got into the elevator. The elevator took him to his floor.
When the doors opened, he stepped out and made his way to his bosses office. Once he knocked on the door, he was welcomed in.
“Ah, Salem. Your just the man I wanted to see.” His boss swung his chair around so that he was facing Salem. “Please sit. Now, what is it that you wanted?”
“Uh, I wanted to know why there was someone else in my parking spot?” Salem looked the man square in the eyes when he said this.
“Well, you've been replaced. In your absence, we had to find someone who could fill your shoes. I mean, you can't just take off and not expect to be replaced. But don't take it personally, it was a business decision. So if you will...” He gestured to the door.
Salem took the hint. He got up and left the room. Why would he do that? I've been here for five freakin' years! And he didn't explain! 'It was a business decision' my ass! He stormed back to the elevator and rode it to the parking garage. Once the car was started up and in gear, he speed away from the building. Something was going on. And I'm going to find out.
Back home, he told Maria the bad news. She didn't take it too well. Salem was their only source of income.
“So, why'd you get fired?” She asked him.
“What, oh. He said that it was business, but I think there's some other reason behind it. I was there for five years, and this was the first time I had to take off. It just isn't right.”
“I know dear. But there isn't anything we can do.”
“Oh, but there is...” He walked up and whispered his plans into her ear. She stepped back, shocked.
“You can't do that! You'd be arrested!”
“Not if they didn't know who it was. That's why I came up with this.” He pulled a piece of paper out of his jacket pocket.
On the paper were some sketches of a costume. He had written some captions around it, explaining what things did. Maria looked at it and nodded her head. Salem retracted to paper and returned it to his pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acinonyx_jubatus/
Silent
Mod in a straw hat
Mod in a straw hat
Silent

Male Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyFri Aug 11, 2006 12:41 pm

Cool, i like it. I take it he's gonna be a super hero? like yourself of course?
lol nice work write some more im anxious to read on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.silentex.tk
SnipSnap
Biro
Biro
SnipSnap

Male Number of posts : 96
Writing forte/s : details and dialogue

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyFri Aug 11, 2006 3:31 pm

like i said way back when ... it's pretty good ... can't wait to read even more ...
Back to top Go down
http://s6.invisionfree.com/the_fiction_fortress
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro
Acinonyx Jubatus

PostSubject: More   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptySun Aug 13, 2006 8:16 pm

All right, for you fans out there, here's the beginning of part two.

Part Two

Salem spent the next few days retired to his study, creating a uniform. This uniform was something no one knew about yet, but would soon get famous. Maria went out and found a job at one of the local chains. She spent most of her time away at work.

Salem stayed locked in the study, only coming out for meals. He worked constantly on that uniform. First he worked on the glove, and then the pants and top. When he completed it, he threw it on and went to look at himself in a mirror. There, he added the final touch, a bit of blue and black face paint.

“Wow, you look...” Maria came walking into the bathroom.

“I know. It's amazing how a little change can make a person unrecognizable. This is it. My costume is finished.” He used that term lightly, knowing what it would soon stand for. He turned around and faced Maria. “You know what I plan to do. Whether you support me or not, I will still continue.”

“Yes, I know. You have to do this. And I completely agree with you. Something has to be going on at Citsidas Corp.” She looked her husband in the eyes when she spoke to him, and he stared back. “Just... be careful out there. We don't want another incident like the last one.”

“Don't worry, I'll be careful.”

Salem walked out to the front door, with Maria on his heels. Without pausing, he opened the door and disappeared into the night, his black uniform blending perfectly with the night sky. Maria watched him go. She knew where he was going and what he planned to do there.

Out of the darkness, a man approached Maria. He reached out with one hand and Maria shook it, feeling confused.

“Hello, Maria. I am Henry Wallace, the president of Citsidas Corp. If you will, please come with me.” Henry pulled Maria to his side and walked off. He threw her to the curb and continued speaking. “Now, tell me where your husband is.”

“Why do you care where he is? Your company fired him,” she yelled.

“That's just it. I need to speak to him about that. It seems he knows something that we don't want him to. So tell me where he is!”

Maria kept silent. Henry walked up to her and slapped her across the cheek. She fell back onto the asphalt, holding her cheek. She watched as Henry waltzed up to her and hit her again. By now, she was bleeding. She tried to defend herself but Henry was too strong. He grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back.

He cackled as he snapped her ulna. “Maybe that'll teach to. Never, and I mean never, mess with me. When I ask for something, you'd better give it to me.” He threw her to the ground and walked away.

The Next Day...

Salem sat next to Maria, hands clasped to each other. He watched her sleep, wondering what had happened to her. It seemed like he had just left when the ambulances went to his house. Of course, he followed them, questioning why they were going to his house. When he got there, he saw Maria face down on the curb.

And now, the doctors were telling him that it was an accident. These were the same doctors who said that he'd never be able to walk again. They were wrong. This was no accident. Someone did this to her.

Salem was so engorged in his own thoughts that he didn't see the doctor come in. “Mr. Gate. I would like a word with you.” Salem followed the doctor out into the hallway. “So, where were you when this happened?”

“I was out talking a walk. I like to go for walks at night, clears my mind,” he answered.

“Uh huh. Now, why would she be outside? It seems to me like she should have been inside, getting ready for bed.”

“What are you saying” Salem asked, anger rising. “Are you trying to imply that I did this? Why would I hurt my own wife?”

The doctor looked taken-aback. “No, I wasn't implying anything. I just wanted to know...”

“What's with the freaking interrogation?

“Interrogation? I'm just trying to figure out what happened to your wife. As far as your anger goes, you have put it in the wrong place. You shouldn't be mad at me.”

“What! I shouldn't be mad at you? Why not? You can't even tell me what's wrong with my wife! Look, I'm leaving, call me when she wakes up.” He walked away in silence, not looking back.

Salem left the hospital and walked home. Once at the house, he headed back into his study, and locked himself in. The costume he'd made was laying on the floor. He picked it up and put it on. Then he went into the bathroom and finished the costume with the face paint. He headed out of the study and made for the door.

That Night...

Salem had been running around, stopping criminals, but now he rested. From his perch, he could see most of the happenings around Helland. He had visited Maria earlier in the day and heard her side of the story. It seemed that all his speculations had been correct: There was something going on at Citsidas Corp.

A shriek brought his attention back to the present. He looked around for the cause of the noise. He spotted them and dived into action. Through the night he flew. Once in the perfect spot, he spread out his arms. Attached to his body was a thin piece of clothe, which he could pull on and use like a parachute.

He dropped out of the sky behind the robber. The man turned around and made to swing, but Salem grabbed his fist and wrenched it up. The criminal grabbed his wrist, screaming in pain. Salem lifted him up by the neck and threw him against the wall. The criminal collapsed, apparently knocked out. Salem dropped the man off at the police station and headed back to the roof tops.

Slowly, he approached Citsidas Corp. He knew if something was going on, they'd have many guards. And they did indeed. Somehow, he'd have to find a way in without being noticed. He surveyed the building, trying to find weak spots. There were about three, all close to the bottom.

Salem closed in on one of these weak spots. He jumped form the building he was on and landed on a ledge right below his target. The guard below him stopped and looked around, then he picked back on his routine. Salem reached up and slid open the grate. He lifted himself inside and continued through the ventilation shafts.

Where am I supposed to go? Wait, If I were doing something, I'd do it at the top. Salem followed the shafts all around the building, not knowing which way he was going, when he heard voices. He followed them to another grate. He watched and listened as the two men were talking.

“So, how's the project coming?”

“Oh, it's wonderful. We've almost completed it. We still need a couple days time before it's operational, though.”

“Ah, too bad. I was hoping it would be ready sooner.”

“Well, there's too many variables in something like this. Like that Gate guy. The Boss needs to find him. We can't reveal our device until he's found.”

“What's so special about this guy?”

“The Boss thinks he knows something about our plans. But I don't. He was just there, taking a walk. He didn't even recognize us.”

“You sure he didn't recognize yous?”

“Yeah, I'm sure.”

Salem followed his way back through the shafts. It took him a while, but he found his way out. He was very absorbed in what he'd just heard. Without thinking, he launched himself into the air and headed back home.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SnipSnap
Biro
Biro
SnipSnap

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptySun Aug 13, 2006 10:28 pm

hm, it's good, interesting ... i really like the concept u got goin, keep it going!

~king~
Back to top Go down
Silent
Mod in a straw hat
Mod in a straw hat
Silent

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyMon Aug 14, 2006 4:43 am

lol cool, whats an ulna? write some more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SnipSnap
Biro
Biro
SnipSnap

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyMon Aug 14, 2006 8:28 am

haha, the ulna is a bone in ur leg, i believe it's actually that long main one in the front of ur leg that runs from the knee to the ankle ...
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro
Acinonyx Jubatus

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyMon Aug 14, 2006 9:36 am

Actually, its the long one in your arm, I looked it up just to be sure. Looking at your hands, thumbs in, its the bone on the far wide of your wrist. You're thinking of the tibia.

I've gone back and added the next part, Enjoy! (It starts at, the next day...)
Back to top Go down
SnipSnap
Biro
Biro
SnipSnap

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyMon Aug 14, 2006 11:30 am

well i got tibia and labia mixed up once ... so u do the math ... haha, u may have to google those two to see the funiness in the situation.

~king~
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro
Acinonyx Jubatus

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyMon Aug 14, 2006 2:21 pm

All right. I've added two more parts after the first part in Part Two. I hope that just made sense.
Back to top Go down
SnipSnap
Biro
Biro
SnipSnap

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyMon Aug 14, 2006 2:29 pm

ooo, it's still good ... i like it ... i really can't fink of anything rite now, ur plot seems very good, and ur writing style is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro
Acinonyx Jubatus

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyTue Aug 15, 2006 11:12 am

Why thank you. Well, here's the next part. And I'd like to know something. How do you see Henry Wallace?

Part Three

Back at his house, he headed into his study, again. Only this time, he changed into his normal clothes and washed off the paint. He looked at the clock and it said it was two o'clock. Wow, later than I thought it was. He left the study and got into bed. He quickly fell into a dreamless sleep.

Salem was abruptly woken when the doorbell went off. He slowly made his way towards the front door. When there, he promptly opened it. Before him stood the president of Citsidas Corp.

“What the hell do you want,” Salem growled.

“Oh, it's not obvious? I want you. You know something, and I need to make sure you can't remember what. So, if you'll please...” Henry opened his arm towards the road, gesturing Salem should come with him.

“What, are you crazy? I'm not going anywhere with you. You hurt my wife, why should I trust you?” Salem's temper began rising again.

“Because you have no other choice. If you refuse, I'll have to kill you here. But if you come with me, you can survive. I just need to erase your memory.”

“Huh. That's it? You just need to erase my memory? Well, I think that's a very good reason,” Salem said, sarcastically. “I don't give a damn what you do to me, I'm not going anywhere.”

“Alright. Then prepare to die...”

Two men came walking up behind Henry. As usual, they had guns while Salem had nothing but his fists. He looked over at Henry, who was smiling from cheek to cheek. The two men pointed their guns at Salem, but didn't fire.

“This is your last chance. Come with me now, or you'll never see your wife again. I'm sure you don't want to die now. But, we don't have to kill you. Live or die, it's all up to you.” He smiled again, a twisted smile.

“I'm sorry, but I have to refuse your offer.” The smile quickly vanished from Henry's face. Salem twisted around and ran to his study. It was very important he made it there.

Bullets can raining in after him. Henry was yelling at his goons, and they continued shooting. At the end of the hallway, Salem hung a left into the study, where he promptly grabbed his uniform and attempted to pull it on. Unfortunately, he didn't have time to properly apply the paint, so he just put some around his eyes.

Once in costume, he proceeded to the window. Instead of opening it, he crashed through the glass. He rolled onto the grass, stood up, and turned around. He watched as the men crashed into the study. As soon as they spotted him, they proceeded to shot.

Salem had little time. He turned on heel, and took off into the sky. He landed on a building and collapsed. Heavily panting, he looked back to his house. He tried o find a trace of Henry, but he couldn't see any. After deciding it was safe, he jumped off the building and unto the street.

Well, well, well. If it isn't our local superhero.” Salem wheeled around and came face to face with the barrels of two guns. “So, you're the famous Knight Thorn. I guess the legend is going to end here tonight, eh boys?” Henry's goons chuckled. “So, what will be? Are you going to come with us this time?”

“No, I will never go with you. Your evil corporation has ruined my life. And now it's time for me to ruin yours.” Salem reached down to his belt and pulled out his sword/night-stick. “Now, let's get this over with.”

The anger overwhelmed him. He lashed at one of the goons. He hit his target and he fell to the ground. The other man stepped back, stunned. Salem didn't pause. He quickly tackled the man and proceeded to beat him, this time with his fists. Henry watched, with the same evil smile that he had back at the house.

“So, you've turned on yourself? Now that you've taken them out, what do you plan to do with me? Just remember this, I run this city. Without me, it can't survive.”

“Oh, is that what you think? I thought this city was going great before your corporation came in.”

“It was, but we managed to change somethings about it. We've been able to help the sick recover faster, and we've gotten convicts longer prison time.”

“What, is that supposed to make you alright? Your sadistic company is going down.”

“Going down,” Henry let out a chuckle, “We're not going anywhere. And I'll promise you this, there is nothing that you can do to stop us. Got that? Good, so you can be on your way now, goodbye.” Henry turned around and proceeded to walk away.

“No, you're not going anywhere.” Salem launched himself into the air and came crashing down in front of Henry. “We're going to finish this, right here, right now.”

Salem threw himself at Henry, sword first. Henry quickly stepped aside and kneed Salem in the gut. The blow caused Salem to topple to the ground. He got back up and threw his sword at Henry, but missed.

“So, this is the best Knight Thorn can muster? I guess all the stories I've heard have been false. I mean, even your wife put up a better fight.”

“Are you trying to piss me off? If so, I congratulate you.” Anger rising, Salem ran at Henry. This time he didn't miss. He hit Henry square in the cheek with a hard right hook. Henry fell to the ground, holding his cheek.

When he stood up, Salem rushed again, hitting him with a barrage of rights and lefts. Henry tried to defend himself, but he was no match. As Salem continued hitting him, Henry backed into a wall.

“Look at you! You're hitting a defenseless man! Think about what you're doing!”

“I know what I'm doing. I'm getting rid of the evil that has been corrupting my city. It's your filthy projects that have been hurting us. Oh, and about the defenseless thing, I couldn't give a damn.”

He ran up to Henry and belted him in the chest. Henry buckled under the pressure and fell to the ground. Salem got on top of him and continued beating him, knocking him in the head. No mercy. I'll show him no mercy!

“Now, if you want to live, I'll make a deal with you.” Salem pulled him off the ground. “Listen up. I'll let you live only if you get out of my city and never return. Do we have a deal?” Henry nodded his head, which was covered with blood. “Good, now get the hell away from me.”

Henry let without an argument. Salem watched him leave from a-top of the Citsidas Corp. building. He stood there, not as Salem Gate, but as Knight Thorn, protector of Helland.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Silent
Mod in a straw hat
Mod in a straw hat
Silent

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyTue Aug 15, 2006 3:04 pm

Humm the wallace fellow yes.. i remeber him. We'll to me he comes across as the type who can do terrible things and not bat an eye lid at it or have regrets.

I just realized that the main charater went from the accident to being really strong... u kidna didnt explain that. If ya did and i missed it sorry ^^
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro
Acinonyx Jubatus

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyTue Aug 15, 2006 3:29 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too. My explanation will be tht the suit helps him out, he put something in that enhances his physicalness.

And I've gone back and added the next parts in. You'll notice it, or should.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro
Acinonyx Jubatus

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. EmptyWed Aug 16, 2006 3:13 pm

I've finished it. All three parts are posted now. The story is complete now. Enjoy the reading!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Origin Of Knight Thorn.   The Origin Of Knight Thorn. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Origin Of Knight Thorn.
Page 1 of 1